Mirror, mirror on the wall
what is it that you see?
Beyond all the false illusions
Of who I've been conditioned to be
Mirror, mirror on the wall
Can you see my beauty inside?
do you acknowledge the poetic spirit within?
or do you gaze with lustful eyes?
what do you see when you look at me?
do you fancy the way I smile?
Am I truly a phenomenal woman?
or do you just dress up the truth, every once in a while?
my mama always thought I was beautiful
But then stared at me with envy
reminded me pretty ain't perfect
an attempt to keep me bonded to her own insecurities
mirror mirror on the wall
how much of me have your eyes truly traced?
have you witnessed the nightmares I've endured
or took a walk through shadows
where pain pervades?
What is it that you've seen?
what are the terrors in which you’ve witnessed?
Do you remember those cold days?
A child abused
where no warmth could provide a fixing?--
We’d lock eyes in that suffocating space
wondering if there was something much better
beyond this broken place...
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Follow Me:
Discord: https://discord.gg/kmJaQNqXvx
IG: _sagethemystic_
Youtube: Sage the Mystic
Spotify/ Apple Music: Sage the Mystic
Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/1JG2FeLPPkNKn1hPGec9Ku?si=ogy5zMplS8m7sRdm5pFFEw
Welcome to Day 5 of my two-week poetry series. I will be going on a 2-week venture of writing exercises to get my creative spirit in flow, which allows me to dive deeper into how I write--yes--but also, will help me dive deeper into my wisdom and insights from the universe. So--follow along this journey if you desire, and comment below the insights you may receive from these pieces.

No comments:
Post a Comment