Tuesday, August 12, 2025

Suddenly life don't seem so bad...



The flick of the lighter breaks through the silence

Aroma of tobacco and marijuana smoke fill the air

as I inhale this potent flower…

1…2…3…

Exhale—

4…5…6…

Suddenly life doesn’t seem so bad

What was I so afraid of again?

What were the worries that consumed my today?

I am unsure.

A candle flame dances beside me

Mimicking the rat a tap tap of a shamans drumbeat

Or a  prophets dream 

One could even say it be an omen to heed

The flicker of light that sparks this very line of poetry.

Sounds of crickets chirping and cicadas bless me before I lay

Silhouettes of trees appear as large statues

Eyes hangin’ low—

Tired  of all these battles I been fighting 

Inhale–

1…2…3..peace be resurrected when clouds bloom from my lips–

hold.

Exhale–

4…5…6…

suddenly life don't seem too bad.





Follow Me:

Discord: https://discord.gg/kmJaQNqXvx


IG: _sagethemystic_


Youtube: Sage the Mystic


Spotify/ Apple Music: Sage the Mystic


Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/1JG2FeLPPkNKn1hPGec9Ku?si=ogy5zMplS8m7sRdm5pFFEw




Welcome to Day 7 of my two-week poetry series. I will be going on a 2-week venture of writing exercises to get my creative spirit in flow, which allows me to dive deeper into how I write--yes--but also, will help me dive deeper into my wisdom and insights from the universe. So--follow along this journey if you desire, and comment below the insights you may receive from these pieces. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Surrender...

To surrender to something  Is to let go of any form of control you think you have over it Surrender means trust Without overanalytical think...