I don’t remember too much about my grandmother
But her cookin’ run through my veins
As I light my candle flame and spark up my sage–
Hints of garlic notes in the air and jazz music playing
And although I don’t remember much about her–
She speaks through me fondly..
Through the slice of red tomato
And the cornbread dripping in maple syrup and honey
To the tap of my feet and the cinnamon symphony in the air
From my chocolate brown eyes
To the kinks in my hair–
She was always in that kitchen
whipping ingredients into gold
Her love language plated
Spoken in the language of food
I wish I shared more memories with her–
For I was too young to truly appreciate
And though grandmama wasn’t always a saint
Every day spent was a blessed day.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Follow Me:
Discord: https://discord.gg/kmJaQNqXvx
IG: _sagethemystic_
Youtube: Sage the Mystic
Spotify/ Apple Music: Sage the Mystic
Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/1JG2FeLPPkNKn1hPGec9Ku?si=ogy5zMplS8m7sRdm5pFFEw
Welcome to Day 9 of my two-week poetry series. I will be going on a 2-week venture of writing exercises to get my creative spirit in flow, which allows me to dive deeper into how I write--yes--but also, will help me dive deeper into my wisdom and insights from the universe. So--follow along this journey if you desire, and comment below the insights you may receive from these pieces.
No comments:
Post a Comment